★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cbutter, room temperature
4 Tbspconfectioners' sugar
1/2 tspalmond extract
2 call purpose flour
3/4 cground toasted almonds
·extra confectioners sugar, for coating
How to Make Almond Butter Balls
- in a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- add almond extract and beat well. add flour, 1 cup at a time and then the almonds, just until smooth.
- gather into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- preheat oven to 350.
- line a baking tray with parchment paper. roll portions of cold dough between your palms to form balls.
- place 1 inch apart on lined baking tray. bake for 20-30 minutes until they are a bit golden and cracked.
- let cool on a wire rack. roll in some extra confectioners sugar to coat.
- these cookies freeze well unbaked. when you need them, just line them up on a parchment lined or greased baking tray, thaw and bake.