★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- butter, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- almond extract
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- ground toasted almonds
- extra confectioners sugar, for coating
How to Make Almond Butter Balls
- 1in a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- 2add almond extract and beat well. add flour, 1 cup at a time and then the almonds, just until smooth.
- 3gather into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- 4preheat oven to 350.
- 5line a baking tray with parchment paper. roll portions of cold dough between your palms to form balls.
- 6place 1 inch apart on lined baking tray. bake for 20-30 minutes until they are a bit golden and cracked.
- 7let cool on a wire rack. roll in some extra confectioners sugar to coat.
- 8these cookies freeze well unbaked. when you need them, just line them up on a parchment lined or greased baking tray, thaw and bake.