Absolutely the Best Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 stickunsalted butter
1 1/4 csugar
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspcream of tartar
3/4 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 Tbspheavy cream
2 call purpose flour
How to Make Absolutely the Best Sugar Cookies
- Beat sugar with butter in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in flour until well blended.
- Form 1 1/4 inch balls of dough. Place on an ungreased sheet (9 to a sheet). Flatten each ball with a flat bottomed glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for up to 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for two minutes before transferring with a spatula to a rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 34 simply sweet cookies.