7- UP Pie Crust Dippers
For a change of taste to the dipper use a different flavor of soda pop. Oh this is a great recipe for pies too! Imagine the possibilities!!!
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour-exact measure
- 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- crisco- regular or butter flavor-exact measure
- 5 Tbsp
- ice cold 7-up or other soda pop
How to Make 7- UP Pie Crust Dippers
- 1Stir together flour and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Do not over work pastry.
- 2Add the ice cold soda pop gradually to the flour mixture, then blend together until moist.
Place pastry in plastic wrap, flatten slightly. Chill 30 minutes.
- 3Remove from fridge and roll out like making pie crust on a flour dusted surface or between 2 pieces of waxed paper (i do it this way) to about 1/8 inch thickness. Using your favorite small cookie cutter or just cut into circles or strips 4 x 1 inch.
- 4Place on parchment covered cookie sheet brush with melted butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar and bake for bout 5 minutes or until golden.
Cool completely before using so that they are crisp.
These work great for appetizers too!