5 (or 6) Ingredient Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
They are: chewy, cakey, crispy! Delicious!
1 stickbutter (margarine, shortening, salted, unsalted)
1 csugar (white sugar gives you crispier cookies, brown sugar gives you chewier ones)
1 1/8 cflour (all purpose, self-rising, or bread flour)
1 cchocolate chips (any kind)
1 cchopped nuts, optional
How to Make 5 (or 6) Ingredient Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix butter and sugar together until thoroughly combined.
- Add the egg and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in flour, the chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment (or use a silpat) by the tablespoonsful, place about 2 inches apart - they will spread out some.
- Bake at 350° until just lightly browned on the edges (the middle may look a bit undercooked) 7-9 minutes (it may take longer depending on the size of the cookies - if you used a level or heaping tablespoonful - and your oven...it took about 18 minutes in my oven.)
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet 2 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.