5 (or 6) Ingredient Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
They are: chewy, cakey, crispy! Delicious!
- 1 stick
- butter (margarine, shortening, salted, unsalted)
- 1 c
- sugar (white sugar gives you crispier cookies, brown sugar gives you chewier ones)
- 1 large
- 1 1/8 c
- flour (all purpose, self-rising, or bread flour)
- 1 c
- chocolate chips (any kind)
- 1 c
- chopped nuts, optional
How to Make 5 (or 6) Ingredient Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350°
- 2Mix butter and sugar together until thoroughly combined.
- 3Add the egg and mix until incorporated.
- 4Stir in flour, the chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- 5Scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment (or use a silpat) by the tablespoonsful, place about 2 inches apart - they will spread out some.
- 6Bake at 350° until just lightly browned on the edges (the middle may look a bit undercooked) 7-9 minutes (it may take longer depending on the size of the cookies - if you used a level or heaping tablespoonful - and your oven...it took about 18 minutes in my oven.)
- 7Allow to cool on the baking sheet 2 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.