5 Ingredient Blondies
Yellow cake mix, or golden yellow, or butter yellow mixes are all good for this. Chocolate chips can be your favorite type, semie sweet, milk, chunks, whatever.
This came into my inbox from a recipe mail list. I can't find it anymore, so I can't give due credit.
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine, melted
- medium to large eggs
- 1 c
- chocolate chips
- 1/3 c
- chocolate frosting (optional for drizzle)
How to Make 5 Ingredient Blondies
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. 325 if using a nonstick or dark pan. Grease bottom only of 13x9 baking pan.
- 2In large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, and melted butter with a spoon. Mix will be like dough, and greasy. Stir in chips. Spread evenly in pan.
- 3Bake 18-22 minutes, or until sides are golden brown. If you use a smaller pan than 13x9, it may take closer to 25-29 minutes. It's done when toothpick inserted into golden brown sides comes out clean. Center may still be a bit gooey. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- 4(Optional drizzle) in a small microwave safe bowl, melt frosting for 20 seconds. Stir. Drizzle over blondies in pan. Cool completely until set up.
Cut into small squares, and be warned, they're very rich and addictive!
Store covered at room temperature, if there's any left.