3 - Way Orange Cookies (for you JoAnne)
The topping possibilities are endless....
If you choose to dip them in chocolate... try dipping half a cookie, making a stripe on top and add sprinkles, make drizzles..
Or just roll them in powdered sugar.....
This is dedicated to my friend JoAnne.....
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 c
- zest or oranges
- 5 Tbsp
- orange juice, fresh
- chopped nuts, flaked coconut, cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar, colored sugar, candy sprinkles
- melted chocolate for coating...
How to Make 3 - Way Orange Cookies (for you JoAnne)
- 1Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg, orange peel and juice; beat well.
Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Cover and chill for 1 hour or longer.
3-ways to shape the cookies:
Roll to a 1/8-inch thickness and cut with lightly floured cookie cutters.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls, or 3" x 1/2" logs.
Roll or sprinkle cookies with chopped nuts, coconut, etc.
Place on ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove and cool on wire racks.
- 2Optional: Melt the chocolate and dip cookies if desired.