White Chocolate Cardamom Mousse
7 ozwhite chocolate, broken into pieces
1 1/4 cheavy cream
1 Tbspgrated dark chocolate or cocoa powder for dusting
How to Make White Chocolate Cardamom Mousse
- Take the cardamom seeds from the pods and crush to a powder (using either a pestle and mortar or by crushing with a rolling pin)
- Warm water and milk in a small saucepan. Add bay leaves and powdered cardamom. Bring milk to a boil, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Take broken white chocolate pieces and place in a bowl sitting over a pan of boiling water. Or place on a low heat in the microwave. Once melted, leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the spiced milk into the melted chocolate through a sieve and mix.
- Whip the cream until it just thickens to form soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until it also forms soft peaks.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the whipped cream and stir gently. Gently fold in the egg whites trying not to knock out too much air.
- Spoon into ramekins and chill in the fridge for about 2-3 hours to set. Serve with grated chocolate on top