White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf
- french or italian bread
- 4 large
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp
- 2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- 4 c
- half and half, or heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 3/4 - 1 c
- chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 box
- white chocolate baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 stick
- butter, sliced into pieces
- 1 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 4-6 tsp
WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
How to Make White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 1Tear the bread into small pieces into a large bowl. Cover with paper towel or dish towel and allow to sit for 8-12 hours ahead of time (or overnight) to dry out.
- 2For the Bread Pudding, preheat the oven to 350F.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix lightly beaten eggs, sugar, half and half or cream, ground cinnamon and vanilla. Beat slowly until smooth.
- 4Melt butter in the microwave and beat it slowly into the sugar mixture.Pour this mixture over the bread pieces and stir gently to coat all the bread pieces.
- 5Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan and press down gently to get rid of air pockets.
- 6Bake for 45 minutes at 350F or until lightly golden. Do not overbake.
- 7For the White Chocolate Sauce, do NOT make the chocolate sauce until the bread pudding is out of the oven because it will get too hard.
- 8Put chocolate pieces and butter pieces into a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- 9Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar and beat until smooth.
- 10Add water a bit at a time until the chocolate mixture is smooth and easy to pour.
- 11Pour the chocolate sauce evenly over the top of the baked bread pudding.