White Chocolate Bread Pudding
1 loaffrench or italian bread
4 largeeggs, lightly beaten
2 cgranulated sugar
1 stickbutter, melted
4 chalf and half, or heavy whipping cream
1 tspground cinnamon
3/4 - 1 cchopped pecans (optional)
WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
1 boxwhite chocolate baking chocolate, broken into pieces
1 stickbutter, sliced into pieces
1 cconfectioners' sugar
How to Make White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Tear the bread into small pieces into a large bowl. Cover with paper towel or dish towel and allow to sit for 8-12 hours ahead of time (or overnight) to dry out.
- For the Bread Pudding, preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, mix lightly beaten eggs, sugar, half and half or cream, ground cinnamon and vanilla. Beat slowly until smooth.
- Melt butter in the microwave and beat it slowly into the sugar mixture.Pour this mixture over the bread pieces and stir gently to coat all the bread pieces.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan and press down gently to get rid of air pockets.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350F or until lightly golden. Do not overbake.
- For the White Chocolate Sauce, do NOT make the chocolate sauce until the bread pudding is out of the oven because it will get too hard.
- Put chocolate pieces and butter pieces into a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add water a bit at a time until the chocolate mixture is smooth and easy to pour.
- Pour the chocolate sauce evenly over the top of the baked bread pudding.