This is very good!
1/3 cbutter, softened
1 call purpose flour
2 ccoarsely chopped walnuts
2/3 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cbutter, room temperature
1/4 cdark corn syrup
1/2 cwhipping cream, divided
How to Make Walnut Tart
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- For Crust:
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg yolk, mix well.
- Add flour until just blended (will be crumbly). Press onto bottom and up the sides of an un-greased 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom.
Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- When crust has cooled, sprinkle nuts over the crust.
- For filling:
In heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, syrup and 2 tblsp. of cream. Boil and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Pour over walnuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes....could be up to 20 minutes. or until bubbly.
- Beat remaining cream until stiff. Serve tart at room temperature with whipped cream.
You can use a 11x7 baking pan instead of a tart pan.