Triple Fruit Scones
3 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
6 Tbspbutter, cut into small chunks, chilled
1/3 cchopped dried apricots
1/3 ccraisins (chop to size of apricots if too large)
2 tsporange rind-zest
How to Make Triple Fruit Scones
- Add butter, apricots and craisins; mix until butter is pea-sized. Use fingers to work butter into dry mixture.
- In separate bowl, combine egg and egg white, buttermilk and orange rind.
Add this liquid to dry ingredients and mix it just until it comes together.
- Using your hands knead several times (6-8) in bowl, then place dough on lightly floured board.
- Form dough into a 12 x 6 inch rectangle. Cut into 12 triangular pieces.
At this point you may sprinkle coarse sugar granules on top.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 13-16 minutes or until lightly browned.
You may use a powdered sugar glaze drizzled over the warm tops.