Triple chocolate biscotti
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This decadent rich biscotti will be perfect with your morning coffee, afternoon tea or whenever you need a little pick-me-up. The pecans add to the crunch factor. Dipping them in chocolate is a fab final touch. So yummy! The Test Kitchen
- 1 c
- pecans, in pieces (roughly chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- espresso powder, instant
- 1 tsp
- chocolate vodka
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/3 c
- cocoa powder
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- egg yolk
- 3/4 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- semi-sweet mini chocloate chips
- 6 oz
- bittersweet chocolate
- 6 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Triple chocolate biscotti
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
Place pecans on prepared baking sheet. Toast 10 min. Remove from oven and allow to cool on wire rack.
- 2Stir together espresso powder and vodka. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, sugar, butter, baking soda and salt. Beat on low speed until butter is well blended.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk eggs, yolk, vanilla and coffee extract. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture, beat on low speed until well blended.
Stir in cooled pecans and chocolate chips.
Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper-set aside.
- 4Cover another baking sheet with roughly 2 Tbsp flour. Scrape the dough onto the floured baking sheet, flour your hands well also. Shape the dough into a plank, roughly 16" long by 4" wide. Place baking sheet with uncooked biscotti in the refrigerator for 20 min.
Heat oven to 350. Cut dough in half vertically, transfer cold biscotti to parchment covered baking sheet, placing planks about 3" apart.
- 5Bake until planks are firm to the touch, 20-25 minutes. Transfer the planks, still on parchment paper, to a cooling rack and let cool 5 min.
Reduce oven temp to 250.
Transfer planks to a cutting board, use a pastry brush to dust off any excess flour.
With a large serrated knife, cut each plank into 18 slices. Arrange slices on a baking sheet and return to 250 degree oven, baking until slices are dry & firm, about 1 hour.
Allow to cool completely.
- 6Once cooled, combine chocolates in a heavy pot set over low to medium heat on the stove top. Melt chocolate, stirring constantly.
Dip one end of each biscotti in the melted chocolate and transfer to a clean parchment paper lined cookie sheet to set.