★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 clight brown sugar
2 cunbleached white flour
1 tspvanilla extract
12 ozsemisweet chocolate chips
1 cshelled walnuts or pecans, corsely chopped
3/4 cheath bits'o brickle toffee bits
How to Make Toffee Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 12 inch baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar. add egg yolk; beat well.
- Sift in flour, mixing well, then stir in vanilla. Spread batter in the prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes.
- Cover cake layer with chocolate chips and return to oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and spread melted chocolate evenly. Sprinkle with nuts and toffee bits. Cool completely in pan before cutting.
- I have always used pecans so I can only say atest to the wonderful flavor of these. I am sure walnuts would be good and also add a much stronger "nut" flavor.