★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 stick
- 1 c
- light brown sugar
- egg yolk
- 2 c
- unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 12 oz
- semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c
- shelled walnuts or pecans, corsely chopped
- 3/4 c
- heath bits'o brickle toffee bits
How to Make Toffee Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 12 inch baking pan.
- 2Cream butter and sugar. add egg yolk; beat well.
- 3Sift in flour, mixing well, then stir in vanilla. Spread batter in the prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes.
- 4Cover cake layer with chocolate chips and return to oven for 3-4 minutes.
- 5Remove pan from oven and spread melted chocolate evenly. Sprinkle with nuts and toffee bits. Cool completely in pan before cutting.
- 6I have always used pecans so I can only say atest to the wonderful flavor of these. I am sure walnuts would be good and also add a much stronger "nut" flavor.