The Best Chocolate-Sour Cream Frosting Ever!
My Mom used to make this very same frosting years and years ago.
Always wondered if I'd ever find the recipe again.
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM FROSTING
Top off your favorite chocolate cake with this delicious frosting.
Well worth the time and effort...
but I have to give credit where it is due...this copy of the recipe and picture came from 'Midwest Living' and Recipes.com.
- 2 c
- semisweet chocolate pieces, (1) 12-ounce package
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 c
- 8-ounce carton sour cream
- 1 lb
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups - powdered sugar
How to Make The Best Chocolate-Sour Cream Frosting Ever!
- 1Chocolate-Sour Cream Frosting
*This frosts tops and sides of two 8 or 9-inch cake layers.
**(Halve the recipe to frost the top of a 13x9x2-inch cake.)
- 2In a large saucepan, melt semisweet chocolate pieces and butter over low heat, stirring frequently.
Cool for 5 minutes.
Stir in sour cream.
- 3Gradually add powdered sugar, beating with an electric mixer until smooth.
(Mixture may be slightly warm when powdered sugar is added.)
- 4Cover and store frosted cake in the refrigerator.