That Chocolate Thing
How to Make That Chocolate Thing
- 1Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a 9-inch spring form pan with foil and then brush with butter; set aside.
- 2In a 2 or 3-quart saucepan, cook the chocolate, butter and sugar over low heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate and butter are melted. Remove from heat and cool.
- 3Beat eggs just until they are blended.
- 4In a small bowl, stir together the flour and water until smooth. Add the eggs and flour mixture to the chocolate mixture;
stir until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with top with almonds.
- 5Place the batter-filled spring form pan in a baking pan on an oven rack. Pour water into the baking pan around the spring form pan to a depth of 1/2 inch
- 6Bake in the 300 degree oven about 2 1/2 hours or until the dessert is evenly puffed and a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan. The dessert will fall evenly over its entire surface.
- 7Cover and chill for 24 hours. Remove the dessert from the pan and peel off the foil. If desired, sprinkle with fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries. Serve thin slices with a dollop of whipped cream.