Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 pkg
- (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c
- 1 pkg
- (10 oz) frozen sliced strawberries with syrup, thawed
- 2/3 c
- unsifted all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- strawberry extract
- drops red food color
- 1 c
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 c
- butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 c
- 1 1/4 c
- unsifted all-purpose flour
How to Make Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1Prepare pastry crust.
Cream butter and sugar in small mixer bowl; blend in egg. Add flour mix well. Spread dough on bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes. Cool.
- 2Beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixer bowl until smooth. Puree strawberries with syrup in food processor or blender; add to cream cheese mixture. Blend in flour, eggs, strawberry extract and food color. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- 3Pour into prepared crust. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes; without opening oven door, decrease temperature to 250 and continue to bake for 50-60 minutes or until set. Cool; loosen cake from side of pan. Cover; chill several hours or overnight.
Serve topped with sweetened whipped cream and strawberries if desired.