"Special" Special K Bars
How to Make "Special" Special K Bars
- 1Bring Karo syrup and sugar to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and add the peanut butter until it's melted and smooth.
- 2Remove from heat and add the peanut butter until it's melted and smooth.
- 3Stir in Rice Krispies, and mix well. (using rice krispies instead of Special K cereal makes the bars softer & chewier)
- 4Press mixture into a butter greased pan.
- 5Melt together chocolate chips and peanut butter chips*, stir until smooth.
- 6Spread over the top of the cereal mixture and let cool.
- 7*butterscotch chips can be used in place of peanut butter chips for a variation