Special K Bars
This is the most requested recipe I have from my students. It IS so good, it IS like candy!
Hope you try it and give it a thumbs up.
1 cwhite corn syrup
1 1/2 cpeanut butter
6 ccorn flakes, crunch with your hands to make a bit smaller
1 cchocolate chips
1 cbutterscotch chips
How to Make Special K Bars
- Place the sugar, syrup and butter in a heavy bottom pan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil one minute. Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter stir until melted and well blended.
- Add the cereal and stir until cereal is well coated. ( If you want smaller pieces of corn flakes just crush them a bit with your hands before adding to the peanut butter mix).
I think corn flakes taste better than Special K cereal. Use what you have on hand, I have used rice krispies and that works well too.
- Place in a buttered 9x13 pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in the microwave or in a double boiler. Watch carefully if using the microwave, start with a minute and stop to stir every 15 minutes until chips are melted and smooth when you stir them.
Spread over the bars. Place in fridge to set the chocolate. Cut and enjoy.