Special Christmas Eve*lyn Eggnog Tiramisu Trifle
***In honor of my little angel, Evelyn Rose.
- ***** you can cut this recipe in half if needed
- packages light cream cheese, softened
- boxes of vanilla waffers
- 8 oz containers of cool whip, can use light
- 1 to 1 1/2 c
- prepared coffee, i use instant
- boxes vanilla pudding (3.4 oz each box)
- 6 c
- eggnog, can use low fat
- 1/2 to 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c
- toffee candy or almond roca, broken up into crumbles, optional
How to Make Special Christmas Eve*lyn Eggnog Tiramisu Trifle
- 1Using a blender or food processor, grind up chocolate chips into almost a powder.
In a mixer, blend together the cream cheese, cool whip, pudding and eggnog.
- 2Layer the bottom of a trifle dish or large glass bowl with vanilla wafers.
Sprinkle with some of the coffee (just enough so each cookie is moistened but not drowning). Top with a layer (roughly 1-2 inches thick) of the pudding mixture.
- 3Sprinkle some chocolate chip powder over pudding. Sprinkle broken up pieces of toffee candy on top of chocolate chip powder.
- 4Repeat layers until your bowl is full, or you run out of ingredients. Make sure the top layer is the pudding mixture, sprinkled with a bunch of chocolate chip powder and toffee candy, for presentation. There is not an exact science to this. The pudding layer can really be as thick or as thin as you want. It all ends up creaming together in the end. Cover the trifle bowl with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge overnight. The cookies will need to soften into a cake-like texture. Let it sit in the fridge overnight. The next day, its ready - dig in!