Sophia Loren's Chocolate-Orange Mousse
1 cheavy whipping cream
1 pkg[3.4-oz.] instant chocolate pudding
2 Tbspunsweetened cocoa
1 Tbsporange liqueur
·[or frozen orange juice concentrate]
How to Make Sophia Loren's Chocolate-Orange Mousse
- In deep, medium-sized [cold] glass bowl, add cold heavy whipping cream. Using electric mixer, beat 'til soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In large-sized [cold] glass bowl, add milk. Combine pudding mix & cocoa powder, then add to milk. Using electric mixer, beat for amount of time stated on package directions.
- With a wide, rubber spatula, gently fold in whipped cream and liqueur to pudding mixture. Chill one hour in same glass bowl.
- For presentation, spoon mousse into decorating bag [or whatever you may use for piping] and pipe into crystal glasses/dishes for desired-sized individual servings. [Shot glasses for a small-sized treat!] Top w/shaved chocolate curls, if you wish...and/or a small sprinkling of orange zest. After preparation is complete, cover each glass/dish w/plastic wrap 'til time to serve the mousse.
- NOTES: The 5 ingredients [and amounts] listed for this were the same ones listed in Sophia's recipe. Over the years, especially when making this during warm weather, I learned that the bowls, metal beaters, whipping cream, and milk REALLY need to be cold when making the mousse. Also, we've made this w/other liqueur or extract flavorings, such as raspberry [garnishing w/a large raspberry]. The orange & raspberry flavors are our favorites! The garnishes can be whatever you like w/the flavor you make! Enjoy!