Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Brownies
You can drizzle even more caramel atop for a gooey treat!
1 cnew jersey salted caramel, see recipe
3/4 cdark chocolate chips
2 ozunsweetened chocolate (2 1oz squares)
3 Tbspspecial dark unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 csugar
1/4 cdark chocolate chips
1 tsplarge grain, coarse sugar
1/2 tspkosher sea salt
How to Make Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Brownies
- In a double broiler, melt and whisk butter, chocolate squares, and 3/4 cup chips. Blend until even sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, vanilla, and eggs until frothy.
- Then add one tablespoon of chocolate mix at a time until eggs are tempered. Then dump into rest of chocolate and beat.
- Finally mix in sifted flour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a square baking dish, line with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Have extra paper on each side, so that you may later pull out brownies by hang off.
- Pour half your brownie mix into pan. Spread evenly all the way to corners.
- Pour half your caramel, in spoonfuls, in variously places.
- Pour the rest of the brownie batter atop and spread to corners.
- Top with rest of caramel. With a knife, swirl lightly the brownie and the caramel.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out without batter.
- Sprinkle 1/4c of chips atop.
- In a small bowl, mix kosher salt and coarse sugar. Sprinkle.
- Let brownies cool ambiently for 3 hours before removing from pan and cutting. Or place in refrigerator for 1.5 hours.