Rich Chocolate Pudding (stovetop version)
Rev BJ Friley
- squares (2 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 pinch
- whipping cream
- cocoa powder
- cherries or other berries
How to Make Rich Chocolate Pudding (stovetop version)
- 1Coarsely chop the chocolate.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Stir sugar and cornstarch together in small saucepan until thoroughly blended.
- 4Gradually stir in milk until blended.
- 5Add chopped chocolate.
- 6Cook, stirring over medium heat until chocolate is melted and mixture begins to boil.
- 7Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in vanilla and salt.
- 9Pour into 4 custard cups.
- 10Cool at room temperature before serving.
- 11Whip cream, if used, and add a spoonful to each pudding.
- 12Dust with cocoa powder or garnish with cherries or other berries of your choice.