Rich Chocolate Pudding (stovetop version)
Rev BJ Friley
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2squares (2 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
1/2 tspvanilla extract
·cherries or other berries
How to Make Rich Chocolate Pudding (stovetop version)
- Coarsely chop the chocolate.
- Set aside.
- Stir sugar and cornstarch together in small saucepan until thoroughly blended.
- Gradually stir in milk until blended.
- Add chopped chocolate.
- Cook, stirring over medium heat until chocolate is melted and mixture begins to boil.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Pour into 4 custard cups.
- Cool at room temperature before serving.
- Whip cream, if used, and add a spoonful to each pudding.
- Dust with cocoa powder or garnish with cherries or other berries of your choice.