rice krispie ladybugs
How to Make rice krispie ladybugs
- In large pot, melt 5 tablespoons of butter. Mix in marshmallows and stir continuously until melted.
- Mix in rice cereal until all pieces are coated. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to cool.
- While crispy treats are still warm, but cool enough to handle, start forming ladybug shapes.
- Place spoonful of mixture in the palm of your hand to create a flat base and then use other hand to form rounded tops. Once shaped, place in fridge until completely cool.
- In the meantime, mix vanilla icing with red food dye until bright red.
- Once treats are cool, spread icing evenly over the top. Place chocolate chips on top for the spots and then use the tube of icing to draw the face and wings.
- Serve immediately. Store in airtight container in cool, dry place. If storing in fridge, let sit for 20 minutes before eating so crispy treats can soften.