Real Hot Chocolate/ or White
In Paris most places use low fat milk. I like to use whole milk. You can also replace some of the milk with strong coffee or add a hit of liqueur at the end, like cognac or Chartreuse.
To Die For!
- 1 qt
- half and half or whole milk
- 8 oz
- bittersweet or semi sweet chocolate , finely chopped ( i use chocolate chips)
- 4 oz
- milk chocolate, finely chopped ( i use chocolate chips)
- 1 small
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- whipped cream and chocolate curls
- 1 c
- white chocolate chips
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 4 c
- half and half
- 1 tsp
- whipped cream and white chocolate curls
REAL HOT CHOCOLATE:
REAL WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE:
How to Make Real Hot Chocolate/ or White
- 1Using a heavy bottomed saucepan, warm about 1/3 of the half and half, with the chopped chocolates and salt; stirring until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- 3Use a hand held blender or a whisk and mix the hot chocolate until it's completely smooth. Add a hit of cognac now if desired. Serve very warm with mound of whipped cream and chocolate curls on top!
- 4For white hot chocolate:
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine white chocolate chips and heavy cream, Stir continuously until white chips have completely melted. Stir in the the half and half, and vanilla extract.
Stir occasionally until heated through. Pour into mugs and top with a dollop of vanilla whipped topping and garnish with white chocolate curl and a mint leaf if desired.