Pretty Party Mousse1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
20dried figs, stewed, cut up
1 cevaporated milk or light cream
1/2 tspinstant coffee powder
1 cwalnuts, toasted, chopped
2 cheavy cream, whipped
1 qtchocolate ice cream
·whole figs for garnishing
How to Make Pretty Party Mousse
- Crumble vanilla wafers and cut the figs into saucepan.
- Add evaporated milk or cream, sugar and instant coffee.
- Place over medium heat and stir constantly until cookies and figs are blended with the liquid.
- Chill until cold.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla.
- Meanwhile, mince walnuts and place in 350 oven for about 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Whip cream, reserving one-fourth for garnishing.
- Place ice cream in mixing bowl, stir until somewhat softened.
- Quickly add fig cookie mixture, nuts and whipped cream.
- Combine thoroughly, working fast.
- Before ice cream melts turn it into a mold and place in freezing compartment of refrigerator.
- Freeze fast until firm.
- To serve, dip quickly into just-warm water, turn out on chilled serving plate, garnish with whipped cream that has been sweetened and flavored with vanilla.
- Surround with whole figs.