Poached Pears with Chocolate Drizzle1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 largebosc pears, firm
3 Tbspwhite wine
3 Tbspapple juice
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/3 csemisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Poached Pears with Chocolate Drizzle
- Core pears and cut each pear into 8 sections lengthwise.
- Combine wine, juice, vanilla and spices in a saucepan.
- Put in the pears and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until the pears are just fork tender.
- Combine cornstarch with enough water to dissolve it.
- Stir into the saucepan liquid until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool until just warm.
- Just before serving, combine chocolate chips and water in the top of a double boiler.
- Heat until the chocolate is smoothly melted.
- Arrange pear slices in two dessert bowls.
- Divide the chocolate between them and drizzle over the pears in a zig-zag pattern.
- Serve at once.