Peppermint Brownie Cupcakes
This is not my photo; it was from Countdown to Christmas B page and mentioned Betty Crocker. Could be either of theirs.
- 1 box
- family-sized brownie mix (for a 9 x 13 pan)
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- miniature chocolate-covered peppermint patties, unwrapped
- 3/4 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2-inch candy canes, unwrapped, coarsely crushed
How to Make Peppermint Brownie Cupcakes
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place paper baking cups in each of 12 regular-sized muffin cups.
In medium bowl stir brownie mix, melted butter, and eggs until well blended.
- 2Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Place a peppermint patty on top if batter in each cup and press down into batter about 1/4 inch. You could also put some batter in the bottom of the cup, lay the patty on top, and cover it with more batter, too.
- 3Bake 18-22 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan onto cooling rack. Cool completely--about one hour.
- 4In small microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on high about 1 minute; stir until smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate over top of each brownie cup. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.