Pepperment Patty Brownines
I believe that this was a Land O Lakes recipe.
- 1/2 c
- 3 (1oz)
- squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- real vanilla
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- bite size peppermint patties, quartered
- ------the glaze----
- 3/4 c
- real milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- corn syrup, light
How to Make Pepperment Patty Brownines
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8" pan; set aside.
- 2Melt 1/2 cup butter and baking chocolate over medium heat-stirring constantly for 4 to 6 minutes until smooth.
- 3Mix in sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, and baking soda--mix well.
- 4Cover bottom of prepared pan with 1 cup of batter. Place quartered patties on top. Carefully spread remaining batter over patties--cover completely.
- 5Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely.
- 6Melt chocolate chips and 2 T butter over low heat-stir constantly until smooth. Stir in corn syrup and let rest until glaze thickens-about 10 minutes.
- 7Top cooled brownies with glaze. Cover and refrigerate until glaze is set-about 10 minutes.