Peanutty Good Chocolate Drizzle Sauce
- 1/4 c
- all-natural peanut butter (skippy or jif work nicely)
- 1/4 c
- gfcf semi-sweet chocolate chips (ghiradelli works for us- in the gold pkg)
- 1 tsp
- organic coconut oil
- 1 dash(es)
- drop vanilla
- 1-2 drops water of expresso *optional
How to Make Peanutty Good Chocolate Drizzle Sauce
- 1Microwave Directions: Combine chips and peanut butter & coconut oil, microwave on high about 1 minute, stir, continue microwaving 30 seconds at a time if not melted yet. Add cinnamon, vanilla, and water or expresso if using and stir!
- 2We quit using a microwave for health reasons, now we use the double-boiler method, doesn't take that long! Same thing, melt the chips, peanut-butter & coconut oil over boiling water in the top of a double boiler stirring constantly till melted, then add cinnamon, vanilla and water or expresso if using.
- 3Drizzle over ice cream, fruit, cake brownies, nuts or pretzels. Sooo good!
- 4A Note about Gluten and Casein Free Ingredients: Since my family began this diet, we have discovered that you always have to read the labels on the foods you buy. This week when shopping I may buy something that is clearly gfcf and next week when I look for the same item I will notice they have changed the ingredient list adding dry milk, or maltodextrin, or some other questionable ingredient. I find that it's best to stick to unprocessed foods whenever possible- make it from scratch. My son is on the autism spectrum, its not the end of the world if he gets a little gluten or casein, while it may ruin his day, it isn't life threatening. I always watch him for symptoms and note the offending food. Please keep this in mind while selecting your ingredients for my GFCF recipes. Happy Careful Shopping! :)