Peanut Butter Cup Mousse-Annette's
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Mousse-Annette's
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and 1/4 cup of the sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until it's thick and pale, about 4 minutes.
- Next beat in the peanut butter.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites at a high speed with an electric mixer until they are foamy.
- Gradually add the remaining sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, beating it until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold into the peanut butter mixture. In a separate medium bowl that has been chilled, beat heavy whipping cream at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into peanut butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips or chocolate shavings if desired. Cover, refrigerate for two hours.
- Enjoy this plain or used piped inside cupcakes, in between layers of cake, inside cookie cups, or anywhere you can imagine using it.