Orange Seven Minute Frosting
How to Make Orange Seven Minute Frosting
- Put egg whites , sugar , orange juice and corn syrup in an upper part of a double broiler.
- Beat with rotary beater until well mixed. Place over rapidly boiling water and beat constantly , cooking 7 minutes ; or until the frosting stands in peaks.
- Remove from the heat , add grated orange rind and beat until thick enough to spread.
- ** Water may be substituted for the orange juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla for the grated orange rind.
- spread on cookies. Can also pour on a cake when cool and then , pour on the chocolate crown.
- Chocolate Crown :
- melt the chocolate with the butter over hot water and pour the frosted cake , let the chocolate mixture run down the sides.