Oatmeal "SIN" cookies
- 2 stick
- real butter, melted
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 c
- white granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 pkg
- almond bark (16 or 24 oz)
- 1 1/3 c
- rough chopped walnuts or pecans
- 6 oz
- dried cranberries (craisins) (1 bag)
- 3 1/2 c
How to Make Oatmeal "SIN" cookies
- 1Combine melted butter, eggs, milk, salt, baking soda, and both sugars & vanilla extract in bowl. Stir thoroughly.
- 2Next, add a cup of the oatmeal, then a cup of flour, etc. The batter mixes better if you alternate the adding of the flour & oatmeal. Make sure batter is thoroughly mixed. DO NOT USE A FOOD PROCESSOR TO MIX. THE BATTER IS TOO THICK.
- 3Next, add in the 6 oz bag of craisins.
- 4Then take your walnuts /pecans & rough chop them on a cutting board with a butcher knife. Use a knife that does NOT have a serrated edge on it. Add to batter and stir.
- 5Lastly, take your block of 24 oz almond bark & break in half. Save the one half for another day. Take the remaining half & break the blocks into separate pieces. This will make it easier to rough chop. To rough chop the almond bark, take a non-serrated edged butcher knife, hold it completely vertical & drive the point of it into the block of chocolate and begin stabbing off chunks of it. Add the chunks to batter & mix thoroughly.
- 6Take your ice cream scooper & coat the inside of it with olive oil. (or whatever oil you use)
Using the ice cream scooper scoop out some of the cookie batter. Next take the palm of the hand NOT holding the scooper and press the batter down firmly into the ice cream scooper. Then take the scooper & squeeze the release handle & watch your perfectly formed oatmeal cookie fall out onto the cookie sheet upside down. Turn the drop of batter right side up & using your palm again, lightly press down on the drop of batter on the cookie sheet to flatten it slightly. I generally only get about 9 cookies to an average baking sheet.
- 7Cook at 350 for about 12 - 15 minutes.
- 8remove tray from oven and let cookies sit on hot tray for 5 minutes before you try and get them up with a spatula. if you don't let them sit for 5 minutes they will fall apart when you start trying to scrape them up. Once you scrape the cookie off of the hot tray, place on a cooling rack. once cool put in storage container. i don't know how long the cookies will keep in a container because they never last longer than 72 hours in my house!
- 9makes from 24 - 30 big, delicious oatmeal cookies.