- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick
- 1 tbsp. cabernet sauvignon
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. saigon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves, optional, but oh, so good
- powdered sugar
- orange cranberry cream, recipe follows
How to Make Molten Chocolate Cakes with Orange Cranberry Cream
- 1Put chocolate and butter in a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until melted. Whisk to mix well. Stir in the wine, 1 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla. Whisk in the eggs and egg yolk. Stir in flour, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- 2Spoon into four buttered 6 oz. custard cups and put on a baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 13 to 15 minutes or until cakes are firm around edge but soft in center. Let stand for 1 minute.
- 3. Loosen from cups with small knife and invert onto serving plates. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar and top with Orange Cranberry Cream. Serve at once. You can also cover unbaked cakes with plastic wrap and chill for up to 10 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Serves 4
- 4Orange Cranberry Cream:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. jellied cranberry sauce
1 tsp. orange extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Chill a large mixing bowl and whisk attachment. Mix the cream, powdered sugar, cranberry sauce, orange extract and vanilla in chilled bowl. Beat at high speed until firm peaks form. Makes 2 cups.