Mock Almond Roca
Everyone asks for the recipe!
Note: In most recipes, I prefer dark brown sugar, though it's probably personal preference.
How to Make Mock Almond Roca
- Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with Saltine Crackers, salt side up.
- Cook butter and brown sugar to boiling in a saucepan to a full boil, then boil for an additional 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Immediately pour over crackers.
- Place pan in oven at 400 degrees. Bake for about 8 minutes or until bubbly all over. Remove from oven and immediately pour chocolate chips on top. Wait one minute and spread slightly.
- Sprinkle with nuts (pre-toasted in 350 degree oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown) and refrigerate until chilled.
- Remove from refrigerator and break or cut into pieces.