Mocha Pots de Creme
- 6 oz
- bittersweet chocolate
- 1 Tbsp
- instant coffee granules
- 3 c
- half and half
- egg yolks
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- whipped cream (garnish)
How to Make Mocha Pots de Creme
- 1In large saucepan, melt the chocolate over medium heat; add coffee granules and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat.
- 2In a small to medium saucepan, heat the half and half over medium heat until it just starts to boil; remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Place the egg yolks and sugar in a medium stainless steel bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of barely simmering water. Whisk the egg mixture until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is lukewarm.
- 4Add 1/2 c of the hot half and half, whisking; pour that mixture into the remaining half and half in the saucepan.
- 5Pour into six coffee or custard cups and chill for at least 4 hours. Top with whipped cream and serve.