MOCHA MOUSSE PUFFS
Recipe & photo: pillsbury.com
1/2 cwhipping cream
1/4 tspinstant espresso coffee granules
1/4 cdark chocolate chips
1/4 tspvanilla extract
1 can(s)(4 oz.) refrigerated 4-count crescent dinner rolls
1 Tbspbeaten egg
2 tsppowdered sugar
3chocolate-covered coffee beans or fresh strawberries
1/4 tspcocoa or powdered sugar
How to Make MOCHA MOUSSE PUFFS
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, mix 2 Tbsp. of the whipping cream and the coffee. Heat in microwave for 45 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds or until hot. Using wire whisk, stir in chocolate chips until melted. Stir in vanilla. Set aside to cool, about 10 seconds.
- In another medium bowl, beat remaining 6 Tbsp. whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Refrigerate half (about 1/4 cup) whipped cream for garnish. Fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Unroll dough on work surface; firmly press performations to seal. Using ruler, push dough into 5x7-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 squares, 3 rows by 4 rows. Place 6 squares 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Wrap remaining crescent dough tightly in food safe plastic wrap and refrigerate for another use. In a small bowl, mix 1 Tbsp. beaten egg and 2 tsp. powdered sugar with fork. Brush on tops of squares.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, spoon about 2 Tbsp. chocolate mixture on each of 3 of the crescent squares. Place remaining crescent squares on top. Top each with about 1 Tbsp. reserved whipped cream and 1 chocolate-covered coffee bean. Measure 1/4 tsp. cocoa into fine mesh strainer. Sift cocoa over tops of puffs.