Misty D's Rocky Road Mini Donuts
- 2 large
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- cocoa powder
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 3/4 c
- a.p flour
- 2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- 2 c
- mini marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 jar(s)
- hot fudge sauce
- 1 c
- walnuts (or the nut of your choice)
- extra marshmallows for garnish
How to Make Misty D's Rocky Road Mini Donuts
- 1If you do not have a donut maker....
I think these cooked best in the mini-muffin pan!
Pre Heat oven to 325 degree and prepare a mini or regular muffing pan spraying with pam or bakers joy
- 2In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar and eggs. Beat in the oil, cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk in the water.
- 3Once the mini donut maker has heated up, fill the donut maker with batter, close the lid and bake for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. Don’t bake for too long or the donuts will over bake and be dry
- 4Remove the donuts from the donut maker and place on a cooling rack
- 5Place a sheet of wax paper or foil under the cooling rack
- 6Heat the hot fudge sauce and dip each donut into the hot fudge sauce, and then place it back on the cooling rack.
- 7In the sauce pan, combine the mini marshmallows and 4 Tbsp. of water. Heat on medium heat and stir until melted. Remove from heat and carefully add melted marshmallows to a piping bag or ziploc baggie.
- 8Snip the end of the bag and drizzle the marshmallow cream over the donuts
- 9Top each donut with mini marshmallows and crushed walnuts.
- 10We loved making these together! So easy for everyone to get involved with! Hubby even topped everything with boo-boo (Paisley) Use whatever pan you have they are good without being made in the donut maker also! I liked them best in the mini-muffin pan!!