Misty D's Rocky Road Mini Donuts
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 ccocoa powder
1/4 cvegetable oil
3/4 ca.p flour
2 tspbaking soda
2 cmini marshmallows
1 jar(s)hot fudge sauce
1 cwalnuts (or the nut of your choice)
·extra marshmallows for garnish
How to Make Misty D's Rocky Road Mini Donuts
- If you do not have a donut maker....
I think these cooked best in the mini-muffin pan!
Pre Heat oven to 325 degree and prepare a mini or regular muffing pan spraying with pam or bakers joy
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar and eggs. Beat in the oil, cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk in the water.
- Once the mini donut maker has heated up, fill the donut maker with batter, close the lid and bake for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. Don’t bake for too long or the donuts will over bake and be dry
- Remove the donuts from the donut maker and place on a cooling rack
- Place a sheet of wax paper or foil under the cooling rack
- Heat the hot fudge sauce and dip each donut into the hot fudge sauce, and then place it back on the cooling rack.
- In the sauce pan, combine the mini marshmallows and 4 Tbsp. of water. Heat on medium heat and stir until melted. Remove from heat and carefully add melted marshmallows to a piping bag or ziploc baggie.
- Snip the end of the bag and drizzle the marshmallow cream over the donuts
- Top each donut with mini marshmallows and crushed walnuts.
- We loved making these together! So easy for everyone to get involved with! Hubby even topped everything with boo-boo (Paisley) Use whatever pan you have they are good without being made in the donut maker also! I liked them best in the mini-muffin pan!!