Mississippi Mud Rocky Road Turtle Brownies
- 1 pkg
- duncan hines chewy fudge premium brownie mix, prepared
- 1/2 c
- pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 c
- mrs. richardson's butterscotch caramel topping
- 7 oz
- marshmallow cream
- 1-1/2 c
- large marshmallows (cut up) or miniature marshmallows
- 1 c
- milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Mississippi Mud Rocky Road Turtle Brownies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8" x 8" baking pan with foil, leaving an overhanging edge for easier brownie removal. Grease foil.
- 2Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Add pecans, if desired, and mix well. Bake for 37 minutes. Remove from oven. Soften caramel in microwave-safe bowl and pour over hot brownies. Add dollops of marshmallow cream, carefully spreading to cover brownies. Top with marshmallows. Return brownies to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes. If marshmallows require further browning, place under broiler on lower rack until golden brown.
- 3While the brownies are finishing, melt chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave oven; stir. Add butter and stir until melted. Continue stirring periodically until chocolate and butter are smooth and shiny.
- 4Remove brownies from oven and cool slightly before spreading chocolate over top. Cool completely in refrigerator for a minimum of 3-4 hours to allow marshmallow layer to set. Cut into squares.