Milk chocolate brownies from The Fat Witch Bakery
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, one stick
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped to same size pieces
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate, coarsely chopped to same size pieces
- two large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
How to Make Milk chocolate brownies from The Fat Witch Bakery
- 1grease a 9 x 9" baking pan with butter. Dust with flour and tap out the excess. Preheat the oven to 350°.
Melt the butter and the coarsely chop milk and unsweetened chocolates in a small pan over low heat, stirring frequently. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- 2Cream the eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and continue mix until well mixed.
- 3Measure the flour and salt and then sift together directly into the batter. Mix gently until well combined and no trace of the dry ingredients remains. Stir in the milk chocolate chips by hand.
- 4Using a spatula, spread the batter evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or with only crumbs, not batter, on it.
Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for one hour. Cut just before serving. Makes 12 to 16 brownies.