How to Make Meringue-Topped Choco-Banana Pudding
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat 6-cup (1-1/2- quart) oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line bottom of baking dish with half of the wafers. arrange half of the sliced bananas over wafers. Spoon pudding over top. Top with another layer of wafers and bananas.
- Place warm water in large bowl. Sprinkle powdered egg whites over water; Let stand 5 minutes. beat on low speed to mix. Add cream of tartar, with mixer on medium high, gradually add sugar and the extract, beating until stiff peaks form. Spoon Meringue over top of dish.
- Bake in 450 degree F oven until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer dish to wire rack; cool 5 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
- NOTE: Powdered egg-white substitute differs from dry meringue powder and is sugar free. It's available in supermarkets.