Luscious Chocolate Coconut Pudding
The name is a little deceiving because it does not have a strong coconut flavor at all, so if you wanted to taste coconut I recommend using a splash of coconut extract!
Top with some homemade whipped cream and toasted coconut and your in heaven!
- 14oz can unsweetened coconut milk (divided)
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut cream, mixed well(optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3.5 oz bar semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp
- toasted or sweetened coconut flakes (optional)
How to Make Luscious Chocolate Coconut Pudding
- 1Shake up or stir the coconut milk really well. In a heavy saucepan heat 1 1/4 c. coconut milk, sugar, coconut cream, and salt on low until it just starts to simmer.
- 2While that is heating, in a separate bowl whisk together remaining coconut milk, cornstarch, and cocoa powder until well combined.
- 3When the milk and cream mixture begins to simmer take about 1/4 c. and whisk it little by little into the cornstarch mixture.
- 4Turn burner down to the lowest setting. While continuously whisking, slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the simmering coconut milk mixture.
- 5Keep whisking until the pudding comes back up to a simmer or starts to thicken up a bit. About a minute or two.
- 6Remove the pudding from the heat but keep whisking. Whisk in chocolate and vanilla and keep stirring until the pudding is smooth.
- 7Pour pudding into a serving dish and cover with plastic wrap, lightly pressing the top of it against the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin forming. Place in refrigerator to chill. Or serve warm.
- 8Stir well and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkled with toasted coconut flakes.