Lucky Leprechaun Popcorn Bark
This uniquely designed bark is for the little guys and they love the color green because it reminds them of Ireland so my nephew Noah & I made sure to add it to the bark. The coconut gives a nice chewy texture and with addition of a little mint it is so tasty that humans love it too. Now, if you are making this for the Leprechauns don't forget to add some type of green even if you don't like mint maybe some green M & M's will work. Set it out and watch it disappear.
- 8 c
- popcorn, popped and then salted (no butter)
- 2 lb
- dark chocolate, melting discs for candy
- 1 c
- coconut, shredded or a little more
- 1/2 - 1 c
- mint chips
- green sugar sprinkles or shamrock sprinkles
How to Make Lucky Leprechaun Popcorn Bark
- 1Pop your popcorn, salt it and set aside. Line a cookie pan with wax paper. Melt down all your chocolate except for about 1 1/2 cups reserved for drizzling on the top. Once melted add your coconut and pour onto the wax paper and spread it out. Now cover with popcorn and press down into the chocolate. Next sprinkle with mint chips or some other type of mint candy or even crushed mint oreos.
- 4Here was the choices of minty candies and cookies we tried. Noah my 8 yr old nephew and I both agreed that the mint chips would work best for this bark. We didn't want an overwhelming taste of mint but instead just a hint of mint.
We had Oreo cool mint cookies, Andes creme de menthe thin mints and Guittard green mint chips.