1 cunsifted flour
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 cchopped pecans
8 ozcream cheese
8 ozwhipped topping
7 ozinstant chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cmilk
7 ozinstant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cmilk
3/4 cfresh strawberries, sliced
1chocolate candy bar
How to Make Layered Chocolate Mousse
- Mix flour, butter and pecans together until finely crumbled.
- Press into 9x13 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes and let cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Fold in half of the whip cream and spread on top of the crust.
- Mix 7 ounces (two packages) of instant chocolate pudding mix with 1 1/2 cups milk.
- Spread on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Mix 7 ounces (two packages) of instant vanilla pudding mix with 1 1/2 cups milk.
- Fold 3/4 basket of sliced fresh strawberries into vanilla pudding.
- Spread on top of chocolate mixture.
- Cover the top with the remaining whip cream.
- Shave a chocolate candy bar with a potato peeler and add shavings to the top of the finished cake.
- Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
- The dessert is outrageously rich, so plan to serve small portions.
- Do not use frozen strawberries or sugar-free pudding mixes.
- Sliced bananas may be substituted for the berries.