Knock Your Socks Off Brownies
1 boxgerman chocolate cake mix
1 cpecans, finely chopped
1/3 cevaporated milk
1/2 cevaporated milk (additional)
1 stickbutter, melted
60whole caramels, unwrapped
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Knock Your Socks Off Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, chopped pecans, 1/3 cup of evaporated milk, and melted butter. Stir together until well combined. Mixture will be very thick.
- Press half of the mixture into a well greased 9x9 inch square baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Melt caramels with the additional evaporated milk, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Using a double boiler over boiling water is the best solution,. When melted, remove from heat and pour over the brownie mixture in the baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the caramel.
- Turn out the remaining brownie dough on work surface. Using your hands shape into a square that is a little bit smaller than the baking pan. Place it on top of the caramel and chocolate chips
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack. When cooled, cover for several hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, sift powdered sugar over the surface and cut into 12 pieces.
- Try to recover your socks