★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- cake mix, german chocolate
- 1 c
- finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 c
- evaporated milk
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- whole caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c
- confectioner's sugar
How to Make Knock You Naked Brownies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, chopped pecans, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and melted butter. Stir together until totally combined. Mixture will be very thick.
- 3Press half the mixture into a well-greased 9 x 9 inch square baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and set aside.
- 4In a double boiler (or a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water) melt caramels with additional 1/2 cup evaporated milk. When melted and combined, pour over brownie base.
- 5Sprinkle chocolate chips as evenly as you can over the caramel.
- 6Turn out remaining brownie dough on work surface. Use your hands to press into a large square a little smaller than the pan. Use a spatula to remove it from the surface, then set it on top of the caramel and chocolate chips.
- 7Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for several hours. When ready to serve, generously sift confectioner's sugar over the surface of the brownies. Cut into either nine or twelve helpings, and carefully remove from the pan.
- 8*After you cut, if you prefer warm brownies---which I do, zap in microwave until warm----YUMMY!