Knock You Naked Brownies With a Twist
We have made a twist to her recipe that is all our own and quite delish. Hope you enjoy it. I do not like sweets so this is for the hubby.
And for those who need to know...I DID copy and paste this as I have carpal tunnel issues..... Pictures to follow.....
1 stickbutter, melted (plus more for greasing pan)
·all-purpose flour for dusting pan
1/3 + 1/2 cevaporated milk
1 box(18.5 oz.) German chocolate cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
1 cfinely chopped pecans
1/2 csemisweet chocolate
1/2 cextra chocolate chips
1 tspevaporated milk to melt the chocolate
5-6 slicebacon, cooked crisp, drained and set aside
How to Make Knock You Naked Brownies With a Twist
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-by-9-inch baking pan.
Begin by pouring 1/3 cup evaporated milk into a bowl with the cake mix. Add the melted butter and the chopped pecans. Mix the ingredients together; it'll be pretty thick!
- Divide the dough in half down the middle. Press half of it into the bottom of the prepared pan to make the first brownie layer. Bake until slightly set, 8 to 10 minutes. Then remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the brownie layer is baking, in a double boiler (or glass bowl set over a bowl of simmering water) combine the caramels and the remaining 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Stir occasionally until the caramels are totally melted and the mixture is smooth. Pour the caramel mixture over the first baked layer, spreading so it's evenly distributed. Sprinkle the chocolate chips all over the top. Crumble crispy bacon over the chips and caramel.
- Next, on a clean surface or a sheet of waxed paper, press the remaining dough into a square shape slightly smaller than the baking pan. Carefully set it on top of the chocolate chips. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let the brownies cool to room temperature. Cover the pan and refrigerate the brownies for several hours to allow them to set.
- Once brownies are set take 1/2 cup chocolate chips and melt over a double boiler with a Table spoon of evaporated milk. Dip remaining bacon in chocolate, and place on wax paper to harden. Sprinkle brownies with sifted powdered sugar, and top with bacon chocolate garnish. You may want to sprinkle some chopped pecans on top to indicate this has nuts in to for those allergic.