Kat's Chocolate Cream Cheese Pastry
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Wow, this is a really impressive dessert to serve to your chocolate loving friends! So good, so creamy...so addictive. The Test Kitchen
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pkg
- phyllo dough
- 3 Tbsp
- confectioners' sugar (divided, 1 tbs will be for the dusting)
- 1 Tbsp
- cocoa powder
- butter, melted
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- lindt dark chocolate bar (85%)
- 2 Tbsp
- pinch of salt
- 2 c
- heavy cream, cold
- 4 Tbsp
- confectioners' sugar
How to Make Kat's Chocolate Cream Cheese Pastry
- 1MAKE CHOCOLATE SAUCE TO STORE IN FRIDGE OVERNIGHT OR SEVERAL HOURS.
in a medium sauce pan add 1 cup of heavy cream, a pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons sugar ( granulated), heat well until almost to a boil, break up chocolate bar and add in, stirring until chocolate is melted, let cool and pour into airtight container and place in fridge ( overnight or until thick like cake frosting)
- 2Preheat oven to 350. Line cake pan with parchment paper set aside. In a large mixing bowl combine chocolate sauce, cream cheese and 2 tbs confectioners sugar, using electric mixer blend well until creamy.
- 3Carefully place a sheet of phyllo on a sheet of parchment, brush with melted butter, continue this until you have 8-10 sheets of phyllo, place inside cake pan( I used a 10 inch spring form, can use what you have), just fold it around so it fits, put chocolate/cream cheese mix in center of pan and press towards edges leaving about a 1/4 inch edge, repeat the steps for the phyllo dough again and place on top of chocolate mix. Place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until phyllo is golden brown.Let cool completely then move to serving plate.
- 4Make whipped topping to use on top of cooled pastry.
In a medium chilled mixing bowl add 2 cups heavy cream, using electric mixer start whipping cream, after it starts to get thick add 4 tbs confectioners sugar and continue beating until thick, use piping bag to decorate top or just dollop on with a spoon. mix 1 tbs cocoa and 1 tbs confectioners sugar and dust over top.