★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 ozsolid chocolate, milk or dark. i used dark.
1/2 tspinstant coffee powder
2 Tbspliquor of your choice. suggestions: grand marnier, rasberry liquor, brandi, or rum. whatever suits your taste.
1/2 ptof whipping cream
How to Make Joy's Chocolate Mousse
- In a food processor or blender, add the first 3 ingredients and chop to a fine consistency.
- While grinding the above, on the stove make a simple syryp of the water and sugar by bringing the water and sugar to a boil.
- Add the simple syryp while still boiling hot to the chocolate mixture and stir it until the chocolate is melted. Then add the liquor and allow to cool.
- While the mixture is cooling, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the completely cooled chocolate mixture leaving enough to garnish with a dollop of cream on the top of the mousse.
- ***I double this because there is never enough to serve everyone.