★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 oz
- solid chocolate, milk or dark. i used dark.
- 1/2 tsp
- instant coffee powder
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- liquor of your choice. suggestions: grand marnier, rasberry liquor, brandi, or rum. whatever suits your taste.
- 1/2 pt
- of whipping cream
How to Make Joy's Chocolate Mousse
- 1In a food processor or blender, add the first 3 ingredients and chop to a fine consistency.
- 2While grinding the above, on the stove make a simple syryp of the water and sugar by bringing the water and sugar to a boil.
- 3Add the simple syryp while still boiling hot to the chocolate mixture and stir it until the chocolate is melted. Then add the liquor and allow to cool.
- 4While the mixture is cooling, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- 5Fold the whipped cream into the completely cooled chocolate mixture leaving enough to garnish with a dollop of cream on the top of the mousse.
- 6***I double this because there is never enough to serve everyone.