It's National S'mores Day!.."Scoopable S'mores Bread Pudding"
If you dream of spoonful after spoonful of gooey, chocolatey goodness, check THIS out..Hungry Girl
(used her photo too)
PER SERVING (1/8th of recipe, about 2/3 cups):
170 calories, 4g fat, 245mg sodium, 29g carbs, 3g fiber, 16g sugars, 7g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*
- 8 slice
- light bread, lightly toasted and cut into half-inch cubes
- 1/2 c
- plus 2 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sheets (8 crackers) low-fat honey graham crackers, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 2 1/2 c
- light vanilla soymilk
- 2/3 c
- fat-free liquid egg substitute (like egg beaters original)
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar (not packed)
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 c
- mini marshmallows
OPTIONAL TOPPING: COOL WHIP FREE OR FAT FREE REDDI-WIP
How to Make It's National S'mores Day!.."Scoopable S'mores Bread Pudding"
- 1Preheat oven to 350 dF
- 2Spray an 8" or 9" square baking pan with nonstick spray. Evenly place toasted bread cubes in the pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and graham cracker pieces. Set aside.
- 3In a bowl, combine soymilk, egg substitute, brown sugar, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Pour mixture over the contents of the baking pan, making sure all the bread cubes are covered. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4Bake in the oven until firm, 45 - 50 minutes.
- 5Set oven to broil. Evenly top the baked dish with marshmallows. Broil until marshmallows are lightly browned, 1 - 2 minutes.
- 6Allow to cool slightly. If you like, finish off each serving with some whipped topping. Enjoy!