It's National S'mores Day!.."Scoopable S'mores Bread Pudding"
If you dream of spoonful after spoonful of gooey, chocolatey goodness, check THIS out..Hungry Girl
(used her photo too)
PER SERVING (1/8th of recipe, about 2/3 cups):
170 calories, 4g fat, 245mg sodium, 29g carbs, 3g fiber, 16g sugars, 7g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*
8 slicelight bread, lightly toasted and cut into half-inch cubes
1/2 cplus 2 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
2sheets (8 crackers) low-fat honey graham crackers, broken into bite-sized pieces
2 1/2 clight vanilla soymilk
2/3 cfat-free liquid egg substitute (like egg beaters original)
1/4 cbrown sugar (not packed)
1/2 cmini marshmallows
OPTIONAL TOPPING: COOL WHIP FREE OR FAT FREE REDDI-WIP
How to Make It's National S'mores Day!.."Scoopable S'mores Bread Pudding"
- Preheat oven to 350 dF
- Spray an 8" or 9" square baking pan with nonstick spray. Evenly place toasted bread cubes in the pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and graham cracker pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine soymilk, egg substitute, brown sugar, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Pour mixture over the contents of the baking pan, making sure all the bread cubes are covered. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Bake in the oven until firm, 45 - 50 minutes.
- Set oven to broil. Evenly top the baked dish with marshmallows. Broil until marshmallows are lightly browned, 1 - 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly. If you like, finish off each serving with some whipped topping. Enjoy!