Italian Dark Chocolate Mousse
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
How to Make Italian Dark Chocolate Mousse
- 1Make a double broiler and bring the water to a soft simmer. Put the chocolate in a heat resistant bowl and leave to melt. Put a separate bowl in the freezer.
- 2Split the eggs and whip the egg yolk with the sugar until become light and creamy, add the melted chocolate, rum and espresso.
- 3Put the cream in the bowl that was in the freezer and whip it until it becomes stiff. Gently add the cream to the chocolate mixture with a spatula until well incorporated.
- 4Mix the egg whites until it's stiff and forms peaks and gently add it to the chocolate mixture until well incorporated.
- 5Put into 6 wine glasses and chill overnight covering each wine glass with saran wrap.
- 6Next day remove saran wrap and serve along with whip cream and suggested garnishments. ENJOY!