Hot Chocolate Spoons
As usual we love testing the end result!
These spoons make cute little gifts for anyone including work friends, neighbours and maintenance staff to the bus driver and postie!
- bag of chocolate chips
- metal teaspsoons (i buy cheap from $2 shop or from asian gift emporiums, a pack of 6 costs $2)
- different kinds of sprinkles,crushed candy cane mints, jelly babies - anything that melts well into hot chocolate and tastes yummy
- cellophane bags (from $2 shop or similar)
- curling ribbon or ribbons for tying
How to Make Hot Chocolate Spoons
- 1Prepare your activity area making sure:
Spoons are dry and ready to dip
Sprinkles are set up in bowls or shakers
Trays are lined with baking paper ready to lay chocolate spoons
- 2Melt chocolate until silky and smooth
- 3While the chocolate is still hot, dip the round part of the spoon into the chocolate. As you lift it out, spin the spoon slowly for a minute or two until it is a set enough to hold the sprinkles.
If you sprinkle the chocolate too early the sprinkles will just drip off the spoon! As chocolate cools down you wont have to spin the spoon very long before you can sprinkle.
- 4Lay the covered spoons on a tray and leave to set.